You’ve probably heard that it is “the year of video” or that 2017 will be “the year of video.” However, video has been a great marketing tool since the invention of the television. Commercials are the OG of video, but now with the power of smartphones you too can create your own commercial.
Here are 9 ways to use social video for your company, brand, or clients.
- Facebook promotes live video more than any other type of post. Facebook Live posts have 135% greater organic reach.
- Keep live streams short and to the point. Only exception is live news stories like protests and you should be repeating what you’re seeing, what you’re doing, who you are, every 10-15 minutes. Engage viewers continually if you’re doing a stream longer than 15 minutes.
- End live videos with a call-to-action. Give viewers something to do once you’ve wrapped up. Keep your call-to-action evergreen and something that even late arrivals can take advantage of.
Websites & Landing Pages
- Recycle video footage and give it new life to use for your home page or landing page. Video on a landing page converts at 80%.
- Use video capture your team saying your mission statement, company vision, or copy from your website. Repurpose content for social media and to drive conversions on your website.
- Explainer videos are great for showcasing how your software works and can double as training videos for clients or staff.
- Go beyond your staff and focus on your product or the audience you serve. Capture testimonials and use them on your website, newsletter, and social media.
- Get outside and explore your building, the neighborhood around your building, or share moments from a company retreat. Be authentic and use your surroundings.
- Have fun! Social video is all about being authentic and sharing your company culture, your employees, your audience, and the unscripted moments that make your company unique.
What are some other ways your brand, company or client has been using social video?
Learn more about the power of social video at Social Vid Con on October 21st Early Bird Tickets now on sale.